Monday, August 15, 2011

Living a lie..

I lie on my bed coughing a hoarse cry
I am old and my life is done and still I cease to die
Its just a question that i wanted to ask myself
Have I lived a lie??

The bucks were earned, the women spurned
And the youth mighty well spent where eye was returned for an eye
The infirm age haunts me to ask
Have I not lived a lie.

The highest peaks were scaled for fun, jumps were made from the skies
Lived a life that demanded respect, there's not a thing that I did n't try
Yet the conscience speaks from within and earnestly beseeches..
Why .. why did you live a lie??

And the day will shortly arrive, when men will whimper and cry
For their moribund life will cease to exist as the days pass by
And then when he bids his final good bye, he will still have no answer to
"Why did I live a lie, Why did I live a lie??"

Sumit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arey yaar... Thu kyun ithna senti ban rahe ho ? Aish karo :) Zindagi na milegi doboora ;)

--Ram Nishanth

GoldFish said...

hmmm.
now a person can't always be cheerful, right?
:)
this too will pass.

GoldFish said...

i wonder if honesty isn't just a tool to keep your self intact.
and some people will keep telling you that they never lie (but manipulate, and hide..) and make a virtue out of it..
as long as you're true to yourself, it wouldn't cause you trouble, right? :)